- "In the last 20 years our business has changed considerably…and as the focus of our business has changed, Bird Luckin have moved with us."
Alex Tanner, George Tanner (Shalford) Ltd
- "Bird Luckin has looked after us incredibly well for over 60 years, they are pro-active and innovational - meeting all our needs to help us achieve our aims."
Richard Stubbings, Cliffords Limited
- "I can honestly say that Bird Luckin are the best firm of accountants and auditors I have ever dealt with - and I don't say that lightly!"
Colin Webb, Walthamstow Stadium
- "It's important for us to know that we will always be able to contact the right people to give us the right advice and support."
Jane Bennett, Bennetts Funeral Directors
- "Although we deal mainly with one Partner … we also know that if we need to contact someone else who is a specialist in another area, we can get the advice we need quickly and easily"
Jeremy Ruggles, J.S. Wright & Sons Ltd
- "Bird Luckin got us to a stage which would have taken us months - if not years - to reach on our own, and they got us there in a matter of weeks"
Matthew Sullivan, SNC Ltd
- "You can be a good accountant, but if you don't have an understanding of the industry it can be very difficult. "There are two or three people we have regular contact with at Bird Luckin who know our business well, and it makes a difference.""
Robert Church, W A Church (Bures) Ltd
- "The work which Bird Luckin has done for Boddingtons over the past few months has helped shape our future direction for the better."
John Warner, Chief Executive, Boddingtons Ltd
- "Bird Luckin has acted for us since our inception 10 years ago. They have a very 'can do' yet highly professional attitude - we are very appreciative of their support and advice over the years."
Marlon Fox, Outlook Property Ltd
The History of Bird Luckin Accountants
'Luckin and Sheldrake is one of the oldest provincial firms; the Institute itself was incorporated in 1880, ten years after the firm was founded,' said the ICAEW's Accountancy Magazine when describing the firm's centenary in 1970.
Bird Luckin and Sheldrake resulted from a merger in 1976 between Bird & Partners (Brentwood-based) and Luckin & Sheldrake, which had offices in Braintree, Chelmsford, Dunmow and Witham, thus enhancing the Essex identity of the practice.
Following another merger in 1990 the name of the firm was changed to Bird Luckin. The firm is now led by 14 directors, and provides a high quality, personal service to new ventures as well as established businesses.
Bird & Partners
Bird & Partners had its roots in Brentwood in the 1930s when an office was opened in the town. The name of Bird & Partners was registered in the early 1950s, and the firm provided comprehensive audit, accountancy, taxation and financial management services to the town's business and private community.
Luckin & Sheldrake
James Luckin of Luckin and Sheldrake commenced in business as an accountant in Chelmsford in 1870 and became a member of the Institute of Chartered Accountants in 1882.