- "In the last 20 years our business has changed considerably…and as the focus of our business has changed, Bird Luckin have moved with us."
Alex Tanner, George Tanner (Shalford) Ltd
- "Bird Luckin has looked after us incredibly well for over 60 years, they are pro-active and innovational - meeting all our needs to help us achieve our aims."
Richard Stubbings, Cliffords Limited
- "I can honestly say that Bird Luckin are the best firm of accountants and auditors I have ever dealt with - and I don't say that lightly!"
Colin Webb, Walthamstow Stadium
- "It's important for us to know that we will always be able to contact the right people to give us the right advice and support."
Jane Bennett, Bennetts Funeral Directors
- "Although we deal mainly with one Partner … we also know that if we need to contact someone else who is a specialist in another area, we can get the advice we need quickly and easily"
Jeremy Ruggles, J.S. Wright & Sons Ltd
- "Bird Luckin got us to a stage which would have taken us months - if not years - to reach on our own, and they got us there in a matter of weeks"
Matthew Sullivan, SNC Ltd
- "You can be a good accountant, but if you don't have an understanding of the industry it can be very difficult. "There are two or three people we have regular contact with at Bird Luckin who know our business well, and it makes a difference.""
Robert Church, W A Church (Bures) Ltd
- "The work which Bird Luckin has done for Boddingtons over the past few months has helped shape our future direction for the better."
John Warner, Chief Executive, Boddingtons Ltd
- "Bird Luckin has acted for us since our inception 10 years ago. They have a very 'can do' yet highly professional attitude - we are very appreciative of their support and advice over the years."
Marlon Fox, Outlook Property Ltd
At Bird Luckin we are passionate about providing exceptionally high levels of service and care to our customers, who share our philosophy of working together with trust and mutual respect, to help them achieve their goals. We believe this is the key to our success and that of our customers and what sets us apart from our competitors. Our employees are proud to be part of the firm's excellent reputation in the professional and business community and share the same values of working together in a professional manner, with the highest ethical standards and a strong customer care brand.
What we do to achieve our vision
We invest time to get to know our customers individually, build relationships and understand their personal and business needs and goals. We explain our services clearly, carry them out effectively and price them to represent value to the customer. We are known for doing what we say and doing it when our customers need it. Our work and advice is innovative, timely and pro-active. In our every day work, on each assignment undertaken, we look for opportunities that will specifically benefit our customers.
What is the result for us and our customers?
Our customers achieve their goals with us as their most trusted advisers. Our team are rewarded in both a financial and non-financial sense, including diverse and flexible benefits, job satisfaction and recognition, development and progression, an enjoyable working environment and work-life balance. Individual and team values and contributions are in line with the firm's purpose and customers' needs. It is the absolute alignment of who we are, what we believe in and what we do that achieves the results our customers benefit from and the rewards we receive.
Working within our communities – Corporate and Social Responsibility (CSR)
We strive to be a responsible business making a positive contribution to the communities we work in, one that employees can be proud of and which recognises how our activities as a firm impact on our communities and environment
Since 2006 we have operated a ‘less paper’ office environment via a CRM document management system. This, along with employee-led ideas on recycling, has reduced our carbon footprint.
During 2009, we set up a charitable fund managed by a local charitable trust, the Essex Community Foundation, which ensures that all funds raised are distributed to local charities. The fundraising committee encourages employees to put forward their fundraising ideas. The latest initiative in addition to our standard policy of offering a free initial consultation meeting, we encourage a donation be made to the charitable fund.
Bird Luckin play a key role in the Essex Business Awards as joint overall sponsor, also by continuing to sponsor and judge the customer Care and Service category a role we have taken on since the awards were first launched 13 years ago.