- "In the last 20 years our business has changed considerably…and as the focus of our business has changed, Bird Luckin have moved with us."
Alex Tanner, George Tanner (Shalford) Ltd
- "Bird Luckin has looked after us incredibly well for over 60 years, they are pro-active and innovational - meeting all our needs to help us achieve our aims."
Richard Stubbings, Cliffords Limited
- "I can honestly say that Bird Luckin are the best firm of accountants and auditors I have ever dealt with - and I don't say that lightly!"
Colin Webb, Walthamstow Stadium
- "It's important for us to know that we will always be able to contact the right people to give us the right advice and support."
Jane Bennett, Bennetts Funeral Directors
- "Although we deal mainly with one Partner … we also know that if we need to contact someone else who is a specialist in another area, we can get the advice we need quickly and easily"
Jeremy Ruggles, J.S. Wright & Sons Ltd
- "Bird Luckin got us to a stage which would have taken us months - if not years - to reach on our own, and they got us there in a matter of weeks"
Matthew Sullivan, SNC Ltd
- "You can be a good accountant, but if you don't have an understanding of the industry it can be very difficult. "There are two or three people we have regular contact with at Bird Luckin who know our business well, and it makes a difference.""
Robert Church, W A Church (Bures) Ltd
- "The work which Bird Luckin has done for Boddingtons over the past few months has helped shape our future direction for the better."
John Warner, Chief Executive, Boddingtons Ltd
- "Bird Luckin has acted for us since our inception 10 years ago. They have a very 'can do' yet highly professional attitude - we are very appreciative of their support and advice over the years."
Marlon Fox, Outlook Property Ltd
Early staging dates for pension auto enrolment now available
Businesses now have the option to bring forward the staging date in which they will automatically enrol employees into a work place pension scheme.
Automatic enrolment is being phased in from October this year, when the largest firms will be the first to enrol all eligible employees. Smaller companies will gradually follow suit from this date, until it is compulsory for all firms to do so from 1 January 2016.
A company's automatic staging date is determined by the size of its PAYE scheme on the 1 April this year, with larger firms employing 120,000 or more employees auto-enrolling from 1 October 2012, and those with 50,000-119,999 employees doing so from 1 November 2012.
Acknowledging that staging dates may not always suit individual business needs, The Pension Regulator has allowed some flexibility by offering all employers the option to bring forward their staging date.
Those with a staging date of 1 October 2012 (120,000 or more employees) may now bring it forward to as early as 1 July, 1 August of 1 September 2012, while those with a staging date of 1 November 2012 (50,000-119,999 employees) being able to bring it forward to 1 July, 1 August, 1 September or 1 October 2012.
The Pension Regulator has also published guidance to the alternative staging dates available and how businesses may go about altering their date.
The Government hopes that up to 10 million people will be automatically enrolled through the scheme, either into a workplace pension scheme or the new state-backed NEST scheme, in a bid to encourage more workers to save towards a pension.
Please contact us to find out how we can help you to prepare for the 2012 pension reforms.