- "In the last 20 years our business has changed considerably…and as the focus of our business has changed, Bird Luckin have moved with us."
Alex Tanner, George Tanner (Shalford) Ltd
- "Bird Luckin has looked after us incredibly well for over 60 years, they are pro-active and innovational - meeting all our needs to help us achieve our aims."
Richard Stubbings, Cliffords Limited
- "I can honestly say that Bird Luckin are the best firm of accountants and auditors I have ever dealt with - and I don't say that lightly!"
Colin Webb, Walthamstow Stadium
- "It's important for us to know that we will always be able to contact the right people to give us the right advice and support."
Jane Bennett, Bennetts Funeral Directors
- "Although we deal mainly with one Partner … we also know that if we need to contact someone else who is a specialist in another area, we can get the advice we need quickly and easily"
Jeremy Ruggles, J.S. Wright & Sons Ltd
- "Bird Luckin got us to a stage which would have taken us months - if not years - to reach on our own, and they got us there in a matter of weeks"
Matthew Sullivan, SNC Ltd
- "You can be a good accountant, but if you don't have an understanding of the industry it can be very difficult. "There are two or three people we have regular contact with at Bird Luckin who know our business well, and it makes a difference.""
Robert Church, W A Church (Bures) Ltd
- "The work which Bird Luckin has done for Boddingtons over the past few months has helped shape our future direction for the better."
John Warner, Chief Executive, Boddingtons Ltd
- "Bird Luckin has acted for us since our inception 10 years ago. They have a very 'can do' yet highly professional attitude - we are very appreciative of their support and advice over the years."
Marlon Fox, Outlook Property Ltd
New guidance for SMEs on alternative finance
New guidance on how to raise finance through alternative forms of lending has been launched for start-ups and small businesses.
The free digital guide, produced by Smallbusiness.co.uk, is aimed at entrepreneurs and small business owners on how they can access new online sources of finance such as crowdfunding and peer-to-peer lending.
Both have become increasingly popular in recent years as small businesses continue to struggle securing finance from high street banks in the wake of the recession.
The guide looks at the benefits of each platform via case studies and also offers advice on how to put together a successful application to secure funding.
The new lending platforms, which are accessed via the internet, allow businesses to take loans directly from both individual and institutional investors, without the need of the intermediation of a traditional financial institution.
Borrowers usually have a choice of giving away equity - a stake in the business - in exchange for investment, or to take out a standard loan.
Commenting in the guide, Samir Desai, CEO of Funding Circle said: "Comparing our finance landscape to other countries, the UK had the fewest options. Small businesses really were at the mercy of the banks."
"It's great news that the business finance landscape is changing so quickly, and very exciting to think of the potential of UK SMEs over the coming years, with access to finance becoming a reality again."
In peer-to-peer lending, private investors receive high stable returns while businesses obtain low cost finance - often at much more competitive rates than high-street banks.
Alternatively, crowdfunding offers both equity finance and debt finance, where businesses can accept multiple loans from 'armchair' lenders.
Initial start-up costs for businesses have risen sharply in recent years. A survey last week reported that owners now require close to £100,000 to get their business off the ground, with many entrepreneurs turning to their own savings or their families to boost their funds.
According to the BBC, around £250 million has been lent from the three main peer-to-peer lending sites to date, helping thousands of businesses.
The guide is available to download in digital format or as an app.
We can advise on raising business finance. Please talk to us to find out more.