- "In the last 20 years our business has changed considerably…and as the focus of our business has changed, Bird Luckin have moved with us."
Alex Tanner, George Tanner (Shalford) Ltd
- "Bird Luckin has looked after us incredibly well for over 60 years, they are pro-active and innovational - meeting all our needs to help us achieve our aims."
Richard Stubbings, Cliffords Limited
- "I can honestly say that Bird Luckin are the best firm of accountants and auditors I have ever dealt with - and I don't say that lightly!"
Colin Webb, Walthamstow Stadium
- "It's important for us to know that we will always be able to contact the right people to give us the right advice and support."
Jane Bennett, Bennetts Funeral Directors
- "Although we deal mainly with one Partner … we also know that if we need to contact someone else who is a specialist in another area, we can get the advice we need quickly and easily"
Jeremy Ruggles, J.S. Wright & Sons Ltd
- "Bird Luckin got us to a stage which would have taken us months - if not years - to reach on our own, and they got us there in a matter of weeks"
Matthew Sullivan, SNC Ltd
- "You can be a good accountant, but if you don't have an understanding of the industry it can be very difficult. "There are two or three people we have regular contact with at Bird Luckin who know our business well, and it makes a difference.""
Robert Church, W A Church (Bures) Ltd
- "The work which Bird Luckin has done for Boddingtons over the past few months has helped shape our future direction for the better."
John Warner, Chief Executive, Boddingtons Ltd
- "Bird Luckin has acted for us since our inception 10 years ago. They have a very 'can do' yet highly professional attitude - we are very appreciative of their support and advice over the years."
Marlon Fox, Outlook Property Ltd
Top 100 FTSE companies urged to sign prompt payment code
Some of the UK's largest and most successful businesses are being asked to agree on paying their smaller suppliers on time.
The Forum of Private Business (FPB) is asking firms to pay suppliers as laid-out in the terms and conditions set out at the start of their contracts, and without changing payment times later on.
It forms part of the wider 'Be Fair - Pay on Time' campaign spearheaded by Oldham East and Saddleworth MP Debbie Abrahams to highlight how much of a problem late payment is for small businesses.
She said in some cases SMEs were waiting in excess of 90 days for payments from larger businesses.
Shadow business secretary Chuka Umunna launched the challenge for the FTSE companies to pay their accounts on time in order to help SMEs stay afloat as the county recovers from recession.
Only a quarter of the FTSE 100 companies have currently signed up to the voluntary Prompt Payment Code (PPC).
The FPB's CEO Phil Orford said: "The Prompt Payment Code is something all large firms could and should subscribe to. It asks nothing more from responsible businesses than to pay suppliers as and when agreed, without changing terms and conditions retrospectively."
"FTSE 100 businesses are the true bastions of the UK's private sector and, by subscribing to the Code, they will be leading the way as they rightly should for others to follow. This is their chance to lead by example on what's an extremely important issue for small businesses."
Chuka Umunna added: "Too many small companies are waiting too long for payments, and many successful firms are being put at risk of going under because they are not being paid on time by large companies, organisations and the public sector."
According to Umunna, SMEs are owed billions of pounds in late payments. The problem is widespread in both public and private sector contracts.
Last year the Government pledged to pay 80 per cent of its invoices within five days, but faces increasing pressure to 'name and shame' public-sector contractors who are delaying payments to smaller suppliers.
According to research from law firm EMW, 11 of the largest public-sector contractors are failing to pay their suppliers, often small businesses, within a 30-day limit.
We can help you with prompt payment and cash flow issues. Please contact us to find out more.