- "In the last 20 years our business has changed considerably…and as the focus of our business has changed, Bird Luckin have moved with us."
Alex Tanner, George Tanner (Shalford) Ltd
- "Bird Luckin has looked after us incredibly well for over 60 years, they are pro-active and innovational - meeting all our needs to help us achieve our aims."
Richard Stubbings, Cliffords Limited
- "I can honestly say that Bird Luckin are the best firm of accountants and auditors I have ever dealt with - and I don't say that lightly!"
Colin Webb, Walthamstow Stadium
- "It's important for us to know that we will always be able to contact the right people to give us the right advice and support."
Jane Bennett, Bennetts Funeral Directors
- "Although we deal mainly with one Partner … we also know that if we need to contact someone else who is a specialist in another area, we can get the advice we need quickly and easily"
Jeremy Ruggles, J.S. Wright & Sons Ltd
- "Bird Luckin got us to a stage which would have taken us months - if not years - to reach on our own, and they got us there in a matter of weeks"
Matthew Sullivan, SNC Ltd
- "You can be a good accountant, but if you don't have an understanding of the industry it can be very difficult. "There are two or three people we have regular contact with at Bird Luckin who know our business well, and it makes a difference.""
Robert Church, W A Church (Bures) Ltd
- "The work which Bird Luckin has done for Boddingtons over the past few months has helped shape our future direction for the better."
John Warner, Chief Executive, Boddingtons Ltd
- "Bird Luckin has acted for us since our inception 10 years ago. They have a very 'can do' yet highly professional attitude - we are very appreciative of their support and advice over the years."
Marlon Fox, Outlook Property Ltd
Having qualified as a Chartered Accountant in 1976, Alistair Barnwell joined Bird Luckin as a partner when his previous firm, Daly Hoggett & Co, was acquired in 1997.
With a wealth of general practice experience and a wide ranging portfolio of clients from a variety of business sectors, Alistair specialises in strategic business planning, management accounting and business development - areas which particularly benefit from Bird Luckin's emphasis on building partnerships and developing close working relationships with clients.
"The most challenging and rewarding aspect of our work is the opportunity to work closely with people, to get a good understanding of their businesses and their goals, and then to provide them with advice and support which will help them to achieve those goals.
"We can only do that by building long-term partnerships with clients, and with the knowledge that, thanks to the breadth of experience and expertise within the Bird Luckin team, we can find solutions to the problems facing our clients."
Having spent much of his career in Essex, Alistair is a well-known figure in the county's business community; "It's important that we build partnerships with other professionals from the sectors which we do not specialise in, so that if a client is dealing with an issue outside our own expertise, we can find them the resources to help them solve that problem."
Alistair's catchment area is East of London, Essex, East Anglia and the surrounding region. He is excited by the prospects of developments in and around the London Stansted and London Southend airports, in particular. Alistair has the knowledge, skills-set and experience to assist subsidiaries of overseas companies set up their operations in the UK.
Alistair's interests in life are golf (he was captain at Warley Park Golf Club in 1993) and scuba diving, having qualified as a PADI Master scuba diver.
- Email: email@example.com
- Tel: 01245 254236