- "In the last 20 years our business has changed considerably…and as the focus of our business has changed, Bird Luckin have moved with us."
Alex Tanner, George Tanner (Shalford) Ltd
- "Bird Luckin has looked after us incredibly well for over 60 years, they are pro-active and innovational - meeting all our needs to help us achieve our aims."
Richard Stubbings, Cliffords Limited
- "I can honestly say that Bird Luckin are the best firm of accountants and auditors I have ever dealt with - and I don't say that lightly!"
Colin Webb, Walthamstow Stadium
- "It's important for us to know that we will always be able to contact the right people to give us the right advice and support."
Jane Bennett, Bennetts Funeral Directors
- "Although we deal mainly with one Partner … we also know that if we need to contact someone else who is a specialist in another area, we can get the advice we need quickly and easily"
Jeremy Ruggles, J.S. Wright & Sons Ltd
- "Bird Luckin got us to a stage which would have taken us months - if not years - to reach on our own, and they got us there in a matter of weeks"
Matthew Sullivan, SNC Ltd
- "You can be a good accountant, but if you don't have an understanding of the industry it can be very difficult. "There are two or three people we have regular contact with at Bird Luckin who know our business well, and it makes a difference.""
Robert Church, W A Church (Bures) Ltd
- "The work which Bird Luckin has done for Boddingtons over the past few months has helped shape our future direction for the better."
John Warner, Chief Executive, Boddingtons Ltd
- "Bird Luckin has acted for us since our inception 10 years ago. They have a very 'can do' yet highly professional attitude - we are very appreciative of their support and advice over the years."
Marlon Fox, Outlook Property Ltd
The retail sector has always been one of the most competitive business environments to operate in, but with the rapid growth of direct marketing, telephone sales, Internet trading, and overseas competition, more than ever retailers need sound financial advise and the support of a team of professionals who can help them maintain their market share.
We have considerable experience acting for the retail sector, and understand clearly their special requirements – especially the need for real-time proactive advice on how to maintain and improve their position.
In addition to our core services of accountancy, taxation, payroll, book-keeping and audit, we can help you maximise your profitability through improvements in your stock control and purchase re-ordering systems, reconciliation procedures, cashflow forecasts, and where appropriate advice on and assistance with the installation of computerised systems.
Perhaps the biggest bane of a retailer’s life is the stringent demands of the VAT regime. We can relieve you of a lot of unnecessary time and expense by advising on the most appropriate scheme, and handling your VAT planning and administration.
We can also help you to fulfil your future plans, be they to grow, through acquisition, or to sell on for profit.
Whether you are a small shopkeeper or a High Street retailer, a mail order company or an Internet trader, our team of experienced professionals is here to help you achieve your business objectives.