- "In the last 20 years our business has changed considerably…and as the focus of our business has changed, Bird Luckin have moved with us."
Alex Tanner, George Tanner (Shalford) Ltd
- "Bird Luckin has looked after us incredibly well for over 60 years, they are pro-active and innovational - meeting all our needs to help us achieve our aims."
Richard Stubbings, Cliffords Limited
- "I can honestly say that Bird Luckin are the best firm of accountants and auditors I have ever dealt with - and I don't say that lightly!"
Colin Webb, Walthamstow Stadium
- "It's important for us to know that we will always be able to contact the right people to give us the right advice and support."
Jane Bennett, Bennetts Funeral Directors
- "Although we deal mainly with one Partner … we also know that if we need to contact someone else who is a specialist in another area, we can get the advice we need quickly and easily"
Jeremy Ruggles, J.S. Wright & Sons Ltd
- "Bird Luckin got us to a stage which would have taken us months - if not years - to reach on our own, and they got us there in a matter of weeks"
Matthew Sullivan, SNC Ltd
- "You can be a good accountant, but if you don't have an understanding of the industry it can be very difficult. "There are two or three people we have regular contact with at Bird Luckin who know our business well, and it makes a difference.""
Robert Church, W A Church (Bures) Ltd
- "The work which Bird Luckin has done for Boddingtons over the past few months has helped shape our future direction for the better."
John Warner, Chief Executive, Boddingtons Ltd
- "Bird Luckin has acted for us since our inception 10 years ago. They have a very 'can do' yet highly professional attitude - we are very appreciative of their support and advice over the years."
Marlon Fox, Outlook Property Ltd
Most people who start up in business do so because they have a good business proposition and the enterprise and commitment to see it through. Running your own business, however, is about much more than that. Most new businesses fail, due to poor management of their cashflow. At the outset it is essential to have a sound and realistic business plan including detailed calculations of your financial requirements, particularly in the early years before you have an established reputation, and to form a good relationship with your finance provider.
You also need to be aware of and ensure your business complies with the relevant legal, accounting and taxation requirements. All this can seem somewhat daunting to the budding entrepreneur. The good news is that you do not need to be an expert in these fields to succeed in business. You should however have the support of a team of trained experts. That’s where we fit in. Bring us your business ideas and we’ll help you to evaluate them in a constructive and realistic manner.
We can also help you:
- Decide on the most suitable structure for your business – sole trader, partnership or limited company
- Register your business with the Inland Revenue and Companies House
- Prepare a business plan, cash flow projections, budgets and trading forecasts
- Assess your financial needs
- Advise on the best sources of finance, and draw up the necessary proposals
- Establish a good working relationship with your bank
- Help and advise you on registration requirements for PAYE/NIC and VAT
- Deal with company secretarial issues
- Set up a suitable accounting system for your internal use and for complying with statutory requirements
- Keep the accounting records for you whilst you get on with building up your business
Start your new venture on a sure footing – call us for an initial consultation today. For further information, or for a FREE initial consultation, contact Jenny Cook on 0800 146870 or e-mail email@example.com