- "In the last 20 years our business has changed considerably…and as the focus of our business has changed, Bird Luckin have moved with us."
Alex Tanner, George Tanner (Shalford) Ltd
- "Bird Luckin has looked after us incredibly well for over 60 years, they are pro-active and innovational - meeting all our needs to help us achieve our aims."
Richard Stubbings, Cliffords Limited
- "I can honestly say that Bird Luckin are the best firm of accountants and auditors I have ever dealt with - and I don't say that lightly!"
Colin Webb, Walthamstow Stadium
- "It's important for us to know that we will always be able to contact the right people to give us the right advice and support."
Jane Bennett, Bennetts Funeral Directors
- "Although we deal mainly with one Partner … we also know that if we need to contact someone else who is a specialist in another area, we can get the advice we need quickly and easily"
Jeremy Ruggles, J.S. Wright & Sons Ltd
- "Bird Luckin got us to a stage which would have taken us months - if not years - to reach on our own, and they got us there in a matter of weeks"
Matthew Sullivan, SNC Ltd
- "You can be a good accountant, but if you don't have an understanding of the industry it can be very difficult. "There are two or three people we have regular contact with at Bird Luckin who know our business well, and it makes a difference.""
Robert Church, W A Church (Bures) Ltd
- "The work which Bird Luckin has done for Boddingtons over the past few months has helped shape our future direction for the better."
John Warner, Chief Executive, Boddingtons Ltd
- "Bird Luckin has acted for us since our inception 10 years ago. They have a very 'can do' yet highly professional attitude - we are very appreciative of their support and advice over the years."
Marlon Fox, Outlook Property Ltd
Tax investigations can be stressful, time consuming and very costly. You can trust our team of tax investigation specialists to resolve as quickly as possible any disruption and anxiety caused by an investigation by HM Revenue & Customs. It is not until the Inspector calls, that you realise you need urgent and professional advice to realistically appraise the situation and determine if the investigation is justified.
With an Ex HM Revenue and Custom's Inspector leading the Tax Investigation team, we know how the taxman thinks. You can be safe in the knowledge that we have the depth of experience with that we can manage the anxiety and risks associated with any random HMRC investigation.
At Bird Luckin, we have developed an established investigation service headed by ex Inspector, Peter Warren. Peter has more than 25 years of experience in handling and advising on investigations within the profession, following a previous career with HMRC.
We understand a client's needs and concerns and by understanding the tax inspector we can often predict his actions. We can examine whether a full investigation is justified, and support taxpayers throughout an investigation, giving a realistic appraisal of the situation.
In addition, we are able to liaise with solicitors on your behalf, and combine our detailed knowledge of technical aspects with good negotiating skills.
You don't even have to be a client - we offer this service not only to existing clients, but also to solicitors and other accountants with clients under investigation. This can range from a comprehensive service where we take over the investigation until settlement to an advisory or consultancy service.
Whatever the reason for an investigation, there is no doubt that the initial stages are critical and, if handled badly, can add significantly to the final costs in terms of tax interest and penalties, or worse still the risk of prosecution. Consequently, it is vital to get the right professional advice from the start.
If you need someone fast contact Peter or any of his tax consulting team direct for an immediate response.
T: 01245 254250
For all general enquiries contact marketing director Jenny Cook